Solar Victoria Rebates
Solar Panel (PV) Rebate
Solar Victoria Provide a rebate of up to $1,400 for solar panel (PV) system installation, for homeowners with existing homes, homes under construction and rental properties. Rebates are released each month according to the scheduled rebate release dates.
To further reduce installation costs, eligible Victorians can apply for an interest-free loan, for an amount equivalent to their rebate amount. The loan is required to be repaid over four years or can be repaid sooner in one lump sum.
Solar Battery Loans
Solar Victoria solar battery loans will reduce the upfront cost of installing a solar battery, with repayments made over a four-year period.
There are 4,500 interest-free loans of up to $8,800 available in 2023-24.
Am I Eligible?
As a Victorian householder, you could be eligible for a Solar (PV) or Battery loan or rebate if you meet the following eligibility criteria:
Please Note: If you are installing a Solar & Battery System you may be eligable for both the Solar and Battery loan as well as the Solar rebate. This could equal a total of $11,600 off your upfront costs.
- You are the owner-occupier of an existing property where the system is to be installed
- The combined household taxable income of all owners is less than $210,000 per year
- The property is valued at under $3 million
- The property address has not previously received the rebate you are applying for
- The property has, or will have installed, a solar panel system with an inverter capacity equal to or greater than 5kW.
- The energy storage solution has a capacity equal to or greater than 6kWh and is listed on Solar Victoria’s battery product list and the property does not have an existing energy storage system.
- Pre-approval is obtained from your Distributed Network Service Provider (DNSP) to safely connect a battery to the grid